The GDRI covers research in economics and in subjects bordering on other fields of the social sciences.
- Research on the impact of the Euro-Mediterranean partnership.
- Euromediterranean integration, trade and foreign direct investments.
- Employment, social policies and the informal sector.
- International migrations and their effects on the Mediterranean host and sending countries.
- Institutions, governing and development.
- Localization, urbanization and growth.
- Industrialization and growth trajectories.
- Environment and sustained development.
- Finance and development.
- Services, information technologies and numerical economy.